The MG42 is one of the happy accidents of the later years of the WW2. The design came about primarily as a resource and cost-reducing measures against the resource-intense, intricate and more expensive MG34. The happy coincidence is they came about a gun that not only did that, but set the tone for belt-fed weapons for decades. It’s a roller-locked recoil action, meaning no gas systems. It’s got Quick detach barrel that envies most, it’s adaptable- capable of being fed and maintained by an assault team and light enough to be moved with the pack, and it’s a versatile defense weapon. The thing that really sets it apart from it’s contemporaries too, was the absolutely ferocious ROF -1200 RPM on the low end. It was an MG that needed thorough psyops inoculation to want to even attack. After WW2, with West Germany moving into the NATO fold, the MG42 was retooled for the standard service round- 7.62mm NATO, as the MG1. With some subsequent improvements to tame it somewhat, the end product of the family was the MG3. While the Bundeswehr have formally made the decision to adopt the HK MG5 and replace the MG3, it still sees wide use, and some end-of-life improvements prove that “Hitler’s Buzzsaw” ain’t no slouch, even in the modern era.
- 12 MMGs
- 6 weapons in 7.92x57mm, 6 in 7.62x51mm NATO
- 6 weapons configured in the factory configuration, 6 in upgraded KWS configuration
- 3 Colour Variants of KWS
- Each calibre comes with it’s own magazines, and in the case of the 7.92mm, specialised ammunitions
- Soundshader Volume Relevelling
- Weapons use new Muzzleflashes.
- Weapon inventory icons now use New system
- all mass values recalculated to unified standard.
- Updated ballistic data – 7.92x57mm Mauser
- ROF on MG3s increased from 1000 to 1050 RPM (MG42s unchanged)
- Weights corrected and adjusted on magazines
- Initial Release
Download as Mod – Arma 3
Download Source Files