The FN Minimi came about as a project to take the heavy and not readily portable FN MAG GPMG and create a more modern, man-portable Light Machine Gun. Initial prototypes for Minimi were built for 7.62x51mm, with the switch to 5.56x45mm NATO coming relatively late in it’s development. The resulting LMG was probably a little heavier than it could have been, but certainly still fit the bill, so was adopted en masse. The pack covers the majority of the the Minimi/M249’s service life, primarily bracketing from the early 1990s to the current day.
- Common Minimi reciever in several markings
- 3 barrel/muzzle profiles
- Forward hand-guards in 3 variations – Factory Standard, M249E2, and 2nd tier PIP
- Assembly covers in two variations – Factory Minimi/M249, M249 PIP
- 2 Belt Boxes
- 3 Stock configurations
The pack supports the use of,either directly or through optional addons-
- Community Upgrade Project: Magazines (Additional PBO)
- RHS Escalation: Magazines (Additional PBO)
- ACE3: Ballistics (Directly)
- AGM: Ballistics, Overheating,Barrel Changes, Bipods (Directly)
- Rutherberg’s Advanced Ballistics: Ballistics (Directly)
- CSE: Bipods (Directly)
- TMR: Bipods/Autorest (Directly)
NOTE – AGM and CSE both no longer are updating and their inclusion in support is for legacy support to groups not yet switching over to ACE.
NOTE2- Across all ballistics functionality added; Minimis use 1:7in(178mm) Twist barrels, M249 1:12(305) Twist.
- Soundshader Volume Relevelling
- Weapons use new Muzzleflashes.
- Weapon inventory icons now use New system
- all mass values recalculated to unified standard.
- Magswitch functionality added to all SAWs that support STANAG magazines- works with all BI,NIA,RHS and CUP stanags (except Hicaps like CMAGs/X15s, just imagine them like 50 round belts)
- Added reloads, sounds animations to correspond to previous.
- Soundshader/Soundset changes:
- Occlusion and Obstruction issues fixed (Gunshots no longer occluded by an A4 sheet held to face)\
- Midrange Gunshots tweaked
- Tail volumes improved
- Minor sound volume tweaks across the board
- General AI Behaviour improvements.
- Add some macros for easier mag compat maintenance
- Fixed Reload Sounds (Credit- Navaro)
- Added hidden selections (You know the drill- classes for details)
- Weapon displaynames unified to make more sense.
- HLC_SAW_ammobox changes
* now uses Supplydrop model
* Reduced Magazine counts (Was 20, now 10)
* Reduced Weaponcounts (Was 10, now 5 per)
- Mk46 Mod.0 (hlc_lmg_mk46)
- Mk46 Mod.1 (hlc_lmg_mk46mod1)
- M249E1 (hlc_lmg_M249E1) – special thanks: da12thMonkey, J0zh94(RHS)
- Minimi Para(RIS) (hlc_lmg_minimipara_railed)
- Minimi Para(Long) (hlc_lmg_minimipara_long)
- Minimi Para(Long/RIS) (hlc_lmg_minimipara_long_railed)
- Conformed mod icons,mod.cpp to rebranding
- Soundshaders implemented, minor discretionary sound tweaks
- Arsenal Icons implemented
- Removed duplicate inventory slots. Adheres the CBA/ASDG standard almost entirely.
- Optional RHS and CUP compatibility patches updated to reflect most current versions respectively
- Assorted Material adjustments.
- magazineReloadSwitchPhase added to SAW base class
- made Supplybox “Zeus Discoverable”
- Added Zeus spawnable individual weapons.
- adjustment to the gunshot tails volume, should be less overt.
- material/shader tweaks, slight contrast increase to speculars.
- ACE3 overheating/barrel swapping added to configs
- OPTIONAL CONTENT NOW INCLUDED-
- RHS Compatibility
- CUP Compatibility
(RHS and CUP Compat may or may not work together,depending on your mod setup. Source provided if you wish to build your own)
- Minor tweak of left-hand thumb on standard foregrip hand-pose
- Added Unique Meshes to magazines
- Initial Release