FN FAL, right arm of the free world, designed by the late Diuedonne Saive for Fabrique Nationale in the 1950s. The FAL largely was considered a hit, with the British Commonwealth adopting or manufacturing variants (generally known as the SLR), Brazil, Austria and adopting it as main infantry rifles, and swathes of small contract purchases thoughout it’s lifetime. IMBEL continues production of the FAL to this day, effectively unchanged from it’s original configuration alongside variants that modernise the platform, and in the civilian realm DS Arms produces FAL and SLR builds for the shooter that range from the mundane SLR to Dedicated marksman platforms and the peculiar OSW.
The SLR in here was actually one of the first things I tried my hand at in Arma modding. No joke I have images from 2 weeks post launch of the Alpha with the SLR in. Kind of pleased with how far even a year brings all this along
- 14 FAL rifles, both Metric and Imperial Patterns
- 2 dedicated scopes for the rifle system, 1 unique to the platform
- FAL config trimming, AI usage, inertia (Credit: Robalo)
- Changed Ammobox model s
- Add FAL weaponholders (Credit: Robalo)
- Side Attachment proxy positions corrected:
- Animated Zeroing corrected:
- Ranging reduced on all FALs down to real-world counterparts (200-700m)
- Barrel memory points adjusted
- GL Animations Added to hlc_rifle_osw_GL
- Zeroing adjustments finetuned on hlc_rifle_osw_GL
- Implemented Hiddenselections on all weapons
- added: hlc_rifle_FAL5000_RH (FAL 50.00 w/ Rhodesian Rattle-can camo)
- New sound samples and soundshaders (Credit: Navaro)
- Conformed mod icons,mod.cpp to rebranding
- Soundshaders implemented, minor discretionary sound tweaks
- Arsenal Icons implemented
- Removed duplicate inventory slots. Adheres the CBA/ASDG standard almost entirely.
- Optional RHS and CUP compatibility patches updated to reflect most current versions respectively
- General Material changes. RVMAT Fresnels altered for better effect, less dependency on generic maps.
- Grenade sight accuracy improved(all). Should hit more or less Bang on for respective zeroings.
- hlc_rifle_osw_GL no longer accepts bipod
SOME INHERITANCIES HAVE BEEN ALTERED. IF YOU HAVE REFERRED TO CLASSES IN THIS PACK, PLEASE DOUBLE CHECK class CHILD : PARENT RELATIONSHIPS
- magazineReloadSwitchPhase added to AWM base class
- made Supplybox “Zeus Discoverable”
- Added Zeus spawnable individual weapons.
- adjustment to the gunshot tails volume, should be less overt.
- OPTIONAL CONTENT NOW INCLUDED-
- RHS Compatibility
- CUP Compatibility
- (RHS and CUP Compat may or may not work together,depending on your mod setup. Source provided if you wish to build your own)
- All weapons made compatible with V1.42 engine update (deploy pivot points added, make limited use of new “tails” sound system where possible)
- Attachable bipod functionality added to – SA58 OSW
- Added Aim-over-the-top backup aiming mode to : AN/PVS4, SUIT
- Added Mk.316, Barrier Ball magazines to FALs
- Changed inheritance on suppressors. Now guaranteed to work and display correctly
- Added support for Advanced Ballistics mod (by, and with values provided by, Ruthberg, BIG thanks to you for that, mate)
- Altered Inheritance of suppressors.
- Hitboxes and related GeometryLOD materials updated on all weapons
- FAL Suppressor No longer dampens ballistics or damage
- hlc_20Rnd_762x51_S_fal now uses custom .308 Subsonic round
- Most RVMATs specular value decresed slightly
- Added New Icon for X-FAL magazine
- Made compatible with V1.24 Arma3 Update
Download as Mod – Arma 3
Bohema Interactive – Arma2 Sample resources(Meshes, Sounds, RVMATs, Textures), some script lines.(FAL PARA, AN/PVS4, GL Quadrant)
Pete – SLR MLODs
Millennia – STG58 Textures
Acid_snake – LAR Foregrip textures
Enron – Textures
Tigg – M203 Mesh and textures
Clifton Vlodhammer – Animation (main FAL animation)
Toadie – Scripting, configs, all LODs bar primary MLODs, Material Ports, Animation(OSW), Texture Edits
Spartan0536 – Ballistics