The story of the Arctic Warfare Magnum pretty much mirror’s the rise of it’s maker- Accuracy International. What started in the 1980s with the then small-time manufacturer winning the contract to replace the Enfield L42A1 (No.4 SMLE “Sporting” rifle) with it’s Arctic Warfare rifle- adopted as the L96, grew markedly with it’s success with LE,Military and Sporting shooters. From there, really the only way was up, and within the decade, Accuracy International began looking at building it’s successor- Something in purpose-built Long-range calibers. The result: the Arctic Warfare Magnum, available in factory chamberings of 7mm Mauser, .300 Win Mag and .338 Lapua Magnum (AKA Moly-coated $10 Bills). Essentially the same rifle as the AW with a few slight alterations to make the weapon more sturdy with the stouter rounds- Redesigned chassis, Buttspike (Not Included), Muzzle Brake and Barrel fluting are amongs the improvements.
This pack covers Two variants of the Magnum family, one real, one fake, in one caliber (.300 Win Mag, because WIN MAG):
The AWM (Technically AWM-F) and the AWC-M ( A bastard hybrid of an AWM and an AWCovert. The narrative excuse is it is a limited run, purpose-built contract order by a PSC, though that doesn’t excuse it being wildly impractical). The original model(which was the AWC) comes from my now-mothballed project For Hire, but I got enough interest in it that I revived it for Arma3.
- 2 Primary variants of the AI AWM in .300WM
- 3 Stock Colour Variations
- 5 varying .300WM payloads
- Ghillie-wrapped variant of the AWMs
- Additional notes-
- Supports ACE Ballistics. AWM has a 24″ Barrel with a 279.4mm twist, AWC-M has a 16″ barrel (Shrouded with suppressor) 203mm twist.
- While it’s not a dependency of the AWMs, I highly, HIGHLY reccommend running this with Kerc’s Weapon Eventhandleer Framework (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?192780-Weapon-Eventhandler-Framework). I designed this mod with the use of it in mind, BUT it can run without it. Please show some love and use it
- Cleanup AW configs(Credit: Robalo)
- Removed redeclaration of trace model of AWC ammo (credit: YoursTruly)
- Migrated per-pack ballistic data to Core
- Add AWM weaponholders(Credit: Robalo)
- Conformed mod icons,mod.cpp to rebranding
- Soundshaders implemented, minor discretionary sound tweaks
- Arsenal Icons implemented
- Removed duplicate inventory slots. Adheres the CBA/ASDG standard almost entirely.
- Optional RHS and CUP compatibility patches updated to reflect most current versions respectively
- General Material changes. RVMAT Fresnels altered for better effect, less dependency on generic maps.
- magazineReloadSwitchPhase added to AWM base class
- made Supplybox “Zeus Discoverable”
- Added Zeus spawnable individual weapons.
- adjustment to the gunshot tails volume, should be less overt.
- OPTIONAL CONTENT NOW INCLUDED-
- RHS Compatibility
- CUP Compatibility
- (RHS and CUP Compat may or may not work together,depending on your mod setup. Source provided if you wish to build your own)
Download as Mod – Arma 3
Bohema Interactive – Ghillie Wrap Textures
Toadie – AWC,AWM
Spartan0536 – Ballistics